Online Access Instructions
Go to www.highland.edu and click on the “Logon to HCC” tab. Click on the “R.O.A.R.” button to access your records or register online. If you want to register for classes or access your records online, you must have your user ID and your PIN (personal identification number) before the system will allow you into the secured area to register or view your records.
Please note: Once a PIN is selected, it is important that you remember the number and it remains confidential. The Web Registration and Information System is a secured area and contains personal information. To protect your privacy, please Exit, close your browser when you are finished.
1. Web registration is self-guiding. (A “time-out” will occur if your web browser is inactive for a period of 20 minutes.) Read the instructions on the screens and note the various links and buttons to additional pages.
2. Your ID number can be found by clicking on the “Look up my ID” link on the secure login page and entering the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number and the first 5 characters of your last name and clicking on “Get my ID”.
3. The login page requires your ***HCC student ID number and your 6-digit PIN (initially your birth date in MMDDYY format) or a unique, 6-character PIN that you have previously selected. If this is your first login to the HCC student web site, you will be required to select a unique, 6-character PIN (student will select two security questions from a drop down menu of choices).
4. Select “Personal Information” when at the main menu in order to verify your name address, phone number and e-mail address. If corrections/changes need to be made. Please send proof (drivers' license, voter's registration card, copy of a bill) by mailing to: Admissions and Records, 2998 West Pearl City Road, Freeport, IL 61032. You may also fax to: 815.235.6130, or stop by in person to Building H, 2nd floor.
5. To register, select “Student Services”, “Registration”, “Am I Eligible to Register”, select term and then “Add or Drop Classes” by selecting the link at the bottom of the page.
6. If you have a hold on your registration, select the “View Holds” link at the bottom of the page to see the office you need to contact.
7. Using “Look for Classes to Add” from the “Registration” menu or the “Class Search” button on the “Add/Drop Classes” page, you will be able to look up additional classes and see up-to-the-minute information about each class. Scroll side-to-side to see all information. If a class looks desirable, you may check the box and add the class to your worksheet. Courses appearing with a "Time Conflict" message will conflict with courses in which you are already registered.
8. There are three ways to view your schedule.
View Student Schedule by day and time
View Class Schedule
View Class Schedule with detail
9. You must click on the “Submit Changes” button to process all Web registration requests!
10. View your schedule to verify registration. (Please print a copy of this registration for your records.)
11. To pay your tuition and fees, visit
If you are registering for an online class, you will need to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours to verify your contact information and receive instructions on how to proceed. Please include your name and phone number in your message.
Get educated about what to expect if you register for an online or hybrid course. They might work for you!